Title: Project Manager
Location: Tigne, Sliema, Malta
Our mission is to inspire and prepare young people (aged 7 to 30) to succeed in a global economy. If you are looking for a new challenge and for an impactful role, we are currently recruiting a Projects Manager to join our team.
- Taking ownership of the assigned programmes and projects to ensure that they continue to run as smooth as possible while always looking into ways of improving them.
- Organise and coordinate, online and in person, sessions, events and communications related to the programmes.
- Ensure that the participating schools and participants enjoy a positive and productive experience throughout the delivery of the JA programmes
- Explore new content and opportunities to add more value to the youth’s experience.
- Coordinate with international counterparts to explore different initiatives being done abroad and to explore international opportunities.
- Attract students, mentors, volunteers and partners to the programmes.
- Provide guidance and/or training to mentors, JA participants and other team members including interns and volunteers.
- Provide operational support in the execution of other day-to-day needs and general administrative duties.
Required skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate for the position of Projects Manager will be a highly motivated and dynamic individual who is energetic and enthusiastic with the capacity to engage and motivate others.
- Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be innovative and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work.
- A strong team player with fluent Maltese and English communication skills (both written and oral).
- Project management skills and excellent relationship management skills.
- A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage different projects at the same time.
It is preferred that the candidate also has:
- A keen interest in at least one of the fields of entrepreneurship, financial capability, and employability.
- Good public speaking skills and willing to deliver sessions
- Background in business/entrepreneurship
- Experience in delivering interactive training/classes
- Ability to adapt to different stakeholders
- Valid driving license
The role will require the candidate to be flexible to travel and to also work during events and sessions which sometimes happen in the evening or on Saturdays.
It is also ideal if the candidate has done one of the JA Programmes and obtained the ESP certification.
About JA Malta
JA Malta, formerly known as Young Enterprise, is a member nation of Junior Achievement (JA) Worldwide which represents a global network of non-profit organisations sharing a common mission and purpose to be leaders in the field of enterprise education. JA Malta aims to spur economic development by improving young people’s understanding of business, economics, employability, and entrepreneurship. If you have a passion for education and youth development combined with an opportunity-finding and problem-solving attitude, then this is really the place for you!
We’re a small dynamic team who are on the go and striving to innovate and create more experiences for our youths and stakeholders. Being part of the JA team is a unique experience where every team member has an opportunity to bring in their own unique personality and trait.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org