Europe my Business
Europe my Business is an interactive classroom programme, which explores the relationship between the natural, human and capital resources found in different countries. It also explores European business and trade, which produce goods and services for consumers.
Outcomes of the programme include the ability to:
- Define region, resource, business and entrepreneur
- Identify resources as natural, human and capital
- Locate a business of their choosing in a region
- Analyse resources in different regions
- List resources required by their business to produce a good or service
- Decide on a location for their business, based on the resources found there
- Understand how adding value to raw materials makes them desirable to consumers
- Relate how value added to a product through production and services affects price
- Identify advantages and disadvantages to undertaking production in particular countries
- Define income, expense, profit & loss
- Define scarcity, and explain why it forces people to make choices
- Identify the basic “what”, “how” and “who” decisions that people in all economies face
Children will have a better understanding of the region they live in, and the resources available to them.
A brief introduction to supply, demand, and scarcity.
The programme will explore value added activities, and the difference between expense, profit & loss.
This volunteer-led, engaging learning experience will be both fun and impactful!
As a Student
Students and guardians, get in touch to learn more about this programme.
As a School or Teacher
JA partners with schools to deliver our programmes to their students and assist them creating more opportunities and learning experiences.
As a Volunteer
We deliver our learning experiences through volunteers from all sectors of society, who bring real-world business know-how to students.