Media and Communications Officer
Title: Media and Communications Officer
Location: Sliema Office, Malta
JA Malta is a member nation of Junior Achievement (JA) Worldwide which represents a global network of non-profit organisations sharing a common mission and purpose to be leaders in the field of enterprise education.
As one of the world’s largest and most impactful youth-serving NGOs, JA delivers hands-on, immersive learning experiences in work readiness, financial capability, entrepreneurship, sustainability, STEM, economics, and more. Globally we reaching more than 10 million young people each year, JA Worldwide is one of few organizations with the scale, experience, and passion to build a brighter future for the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders. Ja Worldwide is a Nobel Peace Prize Nominee and also one of the top ten Global Most Impactful NGO.
Locally, JA Malta has been providing these learning experiences to our Maltese youth since 1989, initially through our flagship Young Enterprise programme, but now we deliver various programmes and initiatives for ages ranging from 5 to 30 years old.
If you have a passion for education and youth development combined with an opportunity-finding and problem-solving attitude, then this is really the place for you! At JA, no day is like another. Our mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed, starting today! We are currently recruiting a Media and Communications Officer to join our team.
- Manage the Social media communications of the organisation
- Content creation for different media and formats
- Communicate with participants, speakers, alumni, sponsors
- Handle Media Relations and Alumni relations
- Coordinate with international counterparts
- Ensure JA events are promoted in a timely manner with all stakeholders
- Work closely with the alumni board to manage activities and initiatives for JA Alumni
- Host events to introduce speakers and manage the discussions, where applicable
- Source media slots and opportunities for the organisation
- Provide operational support in the execution of other day-to-day needs and general administrative duties.
Required Skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate for the position of Media and Communications Officer will be a highly motivated and dynamic individual who is energetic and enthusiastic with the capacity to engage and motivate others.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be innovative and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work.
- A strong team player with fluent Maltese and English communication skills (both written and oral),
- Outstanding online presentation skills and a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be familiar with MS Teams
- Ability to manage different projects at the same time
- Innovative and creative to launch campaigns, podcasts, web series etc.
It is preferred that the candidate also has
- A keen interest in at least one of the fields of entrepreneurship, financial capability, and employability.
- Good public speaking skills and willing to deliver sessions
- Experience in delivering interactive training/classes
- Ability to adapt to different stakeholders
The role will require the candidate to be flexible to also work during events and sessions which sometimes happen in the evening or on Saturdays.
We’re a small dynamic team who are on the go and striving to innovate and create more experiences for our youths and stakeholders. Being part of the JA team is a unique experience where every team member has an opportunity to bring in their own unique personality and trait.
This role will be partly funded by the Invest Scheme thanks to Agenzija Zghazagh.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org